The National Center for Education Statistics reported that approximately 80% of students who were high school freshmen applied for postsecondary education four years later during the last decade.
It means our education is not stuck – it progresses. People have to be motived in both learning and work environment to show the expected results. Without a powerful motivation to do homework, students will not memorize the most critical parts of the studied lessons. In this article, we try to find how to get motivated to do homework assignments.
BUY MY HOMEWORK PAPER
“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you stay in the same place.”
While working, you may lack time to do your after-class assignments. Do not hesitate to contact professional academic writing services capable of solving different types of school/college assignments on time.
Motivation to Do Homework: 5 Basic Steps Tested by Time
Take some time to find best psychologically proven approaches to creating motivation to do homework assignments on the chosen topic.
- Think about each academic failure (low grade, failure to complete test on time) as another stimulating factor. Great people of all times used to think failure gives us a stimulus to try harder. Put new learning goal, and collect resources to achieve them – the next time, you must be better than your classmates!
- Many students wonder how to get motivated for homework if they have no idea of the studied subject. There is no way to handle Physics & Chemistry assignments if you have no pure interest being a humanitarian oriented student who prefers Literature or History. In this case, it is better to find several free examples of writing assignments online. Get inspired!
- Dedicate your time to reading the quotes of famous people that get students motivated to study.
Example: “Do your homework so you can listen to the answers and react to them and ask follow-ups. Prepare.”
Jim Lehrer, an American journalist & novelist
- Change the way you view the term. Find good reasons why teachers assign tasks to their students and try to think about personal advantages that you get when learning. Keep in mind every school subject may play a role in your future development.
- Plan your working hours. Decide on what working hours of the day are the most productive based on your personal academic/work experience. Develop an effective timetable to follow.
Don’t you find these time-tested ways to overcome laziness useful? You should make an order at the official writing service’s website, capable of solving various types of school/college assignments on time.
+5 Advanced Tips You Should Study to Get Motivated
Are you asking, “How do I get motivated to do my homework?” We would like you to get acquainted with five more useful ways to challenge this problem.
- Use Pomodoro technique. The best way to get organized is to set a timer every day, trying to have the particular assignments done by 20-30 minutes. It would be a good idea to take 10-minute breaks.
- Use positive therapies while studying. One of the best ways to understand how to get yourself motivated to do homework is to write inspiring words like “I can make it through,” or “I can submit my assignments on time.”
- Make up a unique learning style. Some students study well thanks to the great audio memory; other students prefer visualizing everything they study to keep in mind the lessons learned. Use graphic organizers to represents ideas and data. Close your eyes to visualize the learning material; try to come up with several associations to recall the information in school.
- Get ready with the rewards once you are finished. You will be more motivated after you introduce your personal way to reward yourself each time you finish a particular task. Make a list of the rewards you can afford to buy (e.g., cookies, candies, chocolate bars, key locks, soft toys, CDs, magazines, bags, clothing, etc.)
- Do not blame your teachers for your pitfalls. It is better to take some time to analyze the major reasons why you obtained F grade or failed to achieve the highest score on your English Language & Literature quiz.
That is not everything you need to learn to understand how to get motivated to do homework. Find the main reasons why many school & college students refuse to do their assignments in the paragraph below.
SAVE TIME BY PLACING ORDER
Reasons Why Many Students Fail to Succeed
“It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.”
― Lou Holtz, an American football player, coach, and analyst.
If you want to respond to the question, “How to get motivated to do homework,” it is important to keep in mind the main reasons why some students fail to handle their school/college assignments.
- There is no way to learn how to get motivated for homework if this learning process does not make any sense to you. One of the best reasons to get motivated is the fact good students enter the most prestigious universities, meaning they will obtain highly-paid jobs. Isn’t it worth trying>
- Students do not always write down the instructions. They come home to find out they have no idea how to get motivated to do homework and solve the problems/cases they do not understand. Another similar problem is the lack of attention + listening abilities.
- Students dislike some school/college subjects (for example, children who prefer precise sciences do not like History or Religious Studies). They want to spend time on things they find interesting.
- Students are not paid!
These four reasons are enough to realize why many students do not find the entire working process easy or exciting. So, how to get yourself motivated to do homework? If you do not know any way to motivate yourself, feel free to order professional academic writing services online. These writing gurus are ready to make your academic life easy!
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now.
WARNING: I’m going to swear and yell a little in this post.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
You said you needed motivation. I’m going to do what needs to be done to get your ass in gear. NO EXCUSES.
If this isn’t the kind of motivation you need, leave now. You’ve been warned.
Do you want to get off your ass and start producing instead of wallowing in despair, depression, self pity, fear, doubt or whatever is holding you back?
Let’s DO THIS.
The point of this exercise is to give you motivation to do something right now. Don’t just absorb this and continue sitting around procrastinating.
Follow the steps below carefully.
The world doesn’t care.
And if you’re feeling depressed or down, stop feeling sorry for yourself while you’re at it. It doesn’t matter.
We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.
Did you catch that? It was the secret to life. Seriously.
Let me say it again.
We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.
Period. End of story.
I don’t care if you’ve seen it before. Watch it again.
Be warned, if you’re not working towards being self employed, this video might push you in that direction.
4. Put a pot of coffee on or get some tea brewing.
Try a bulletproof coffee if you need an extra kick.
5. If you haven’t eaten something, eat a little snack now.
For god’s sake don’t eat a fucking twinkie or some other junk food.
Eat something healthy. Eat some nuts or fruit. Take your vitamins.
6. Do one of the following three things:
A) Take a shower, OR
B) Go for a brisk walk, OR
C) Call the friend who most lifts you up and makes you feel great after every conversation. Tell him or her that you need a little pep talk. Put a 10 minute limit on the conversation.
7. If you’re around people right now, go tell one of them how much you appreciate him or her.
Just say, “hey, I wanted to tell you that I appreciate you because…”
If you’re not around people, think about something or someone you’re grateful for. Go over the reasons you’re grateful in your mind.
Gratitude is happiness. Happiness is motivating. Be grateful more often by thinking about who and what you’re happy for, or by telling someone.
8. If you normally sit down to work, stand up.
Standing up to work is motivating. It gets the blood flowing.
9. Turn off email, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and whatever other social procrastination network you’re part of.
Turn off the TV if it’s on.
Seriously, TURN THEM OFF.
10. Now, put on your favorite music playlist.
Play something that gets you jacked.
Hint: try the playlist you use at the gym.
(If you don’t regularly go to the gym or workout otherwise, start doing that tomorrow. You have to be healthy to stay motivated.)
11. List the top 3 positive outcomes of achieving your task.
Think about what you’re planning to accomplish today.
Don’t worry about everything that’s holding you back from accomplishing it. Instead, focus on the positive things that will happen once you get it done.
For example, if you have homework to do, your list might look like this:
1) I’ll learn something useful.
2) I’ll make myself and my teacher proud of what I accomplished.
3) I’ll get closer to achieving a good grade in the class so I can graduate and move on to doing what I’m really meant to do in life.
Write down the three things. Don’t skip this part. Make sure you focus on the 3 most important outcomes.
12. Think about the part of doing this task that you enjoy.
Most tasks have some enjoyable component to them.
Focus on what you like about what you have to do, no matter how simple or how small. Enjoy the very act of doing your task for what it’s worth.
13. Listen to this podcast episode
We’ve just recorded an episode of our podcast about THIS VERY ISSUE.
If you want to listen to some motivation (and learn some tricks for staying motivated) you won’t want to miss it.
How To Stay Motivated (The Fizzle Show #10) »
14. Now here’s the most important part.
Lock yourself in a room with the thing you need to be doing.
Don’t leave until you make some progress.
Put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, or axe to the grindstone.
Stop looking for external motivation. Stop letting yourself procrastinate.
Start going through the motions of making progress. At first it might feel forced, but eventually you’ll get in the groove.
What to do if this doesn’t work.
We all have things to do that we really just don’t want to do, but have to for some reason. These are the toughest to find motivation for.
For these especially difficult situations, I recommend two things.
First, question whether or not this thing really needs to be done.
What are the consequences of not doing it? Can you live with the consequences? Is there any way to not do this thing?
Then, if you still conclude that this thing absolutely has to get done, focus on simply getting past it.
Imagine the relief of not having this thing on your plate anymore.
How will that make you feel?
Dig deep. See how quickly you can possibly do this thing.
Do it now and move on to stuff you really want to do.
Bonus tip for creative entrepreneurs and online business builders
If you need an ongoing kick in the pants to focus your energy on building a business or becoming a successful freelancer, we have a brand new podcast just for you called The Fizzle Show.
Check out our new podcast for creative entrepreneurs and online business builders »
Thanks for reading. Now go out and get something important done.
Please share this with someone else who needs motivation.
In the comments below, share your other favorite motivation hacks and tell me what this post helped you achieve.
Download the Free Guide:
Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
All 10 mistakes explained
Resources and links to address each mistake
Some of our favorite quotes from amazing entrepreneurs
Over 35 page full color guide
Free to download
Learn how to set goals that actually stick!
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »